Part-time Job Fair 2021
Wednesday, March 17, 202111:00AM - 2:00PM
The Virtual Part-time Job Fair is open to all majors and all class levels. This event is focused on hiring for part-time, temporary/seasonal, and nondegree full-time positions.
Employers offering over 1,000+ job opportunities with pay up to $18.00 per hour. All the employers are actively hiring/recruiting! These off-campus jobs provide a great resource for extra income, work experience, and an opportunity to build on your resume.
The fair is completely virtual! Candidates will be able to participate in 1:1 video chat with recruiters, view organization information, and apply to posted positions. Students will attend the event through your Hire-A-Niner account, under Events, Career Fairs, and select the event to begin chats.
The event runs 11:00-2:00 and you can login and out between classes. Click to Register.
- The virtual career fair will be in Hire-A-Niner - you'll be able to videochat one-on-one with recruiters. Watch this video to see how the fair will work - https://vimeo.com/446651089/4423ceafb4
- This is a casual event so wearing a nice shirt/top is recommended as you will be completing 1:1 video chats with employers.
- Recommended to have an uploaded resume in your Hire-A-Niner account.
- UNC Charlotte students can do Virtual & In-Person Drop-in Hours for resume critiques at https://career.uncc.edu/virtualcheckin/?ref=buttons. In person services begin March 1st.
- #1 tip from fair employers: Research! Do a little research on employers of interest.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a virtual career fair? A virtual career fair provides a way for candidates and organizations to connect online during a time-limited event. Each organization will have a virtual "room" and candidates can view an employer's room to learn more about the organization and their hiring needs. Candidates and recruiters will communicate via a 1:1 video chat.
What platform is the Career Center using for the career fair? The Hire-A-Niner database that offers virtual rooms and video chat.
How will I communicate with recruiters? All conversations will be a video chat. The chats can range from 5-15 minutes and you will select which employer que's you want to enter to speak with a recruiter.
Do I need to register or RSVP? You can register for the event which gives us an idea of how many students will be attending the event, or you can just login to your Hire-A-Niner account the day of the event.
What organizations will be there? The list of employers is in the "Employers Attending" section of this page. It is updated in real-time as organizations register (and cancel); organizations will continue to register until the week of the event.
What do I need to do to participate in the fair? It is recommended you have an uploaded resume in your Hire-A-Niner account. You can participate in the fair from any device that has browser access (laptop, desktop, mobile device, tablet) and video chat capabilities as that is the only way you will be able to communicate with recruiters.
Is the career fair accessibile for individuals with disabilities? Yes, more details coming soon.